Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has constituted a committee to pay the salary arrears of some parastatals in the State.
This was made known in a statement made available by the Chief Press Secretary of the Governor, Barr. Onyebuchi Ememanka on Thursday.
The statement reads, ‘
The Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu, PhD has approved the constitution of a COMMITTEE ON THE RESOLUTION OF ARREARS OF SALARIES OWED BY SOME GOVERNMENT PARASTATALS.
The membership of the Committee is as follows –
1. Dr. Aham Ukoh, Honorable Commissioner for Finance – Chairman
2. Sir Onyi Onyii Wamah, State Head of Service – Member
3. Dr Jonathan Osuji, Honorable Commissioner for Health – Member
4. Dr. Kck Nwangwa, Honorable Commissioner for Education – Member
5. Chief John Okiyi Kalu, Honorable Commissioner for Information – Member
6. Mr. Kelechi Imeoria – State Accountant General – Member
7. Uche Ihediwa Esq, Honorable Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice – Secretary.
The affected parastatals are –
1. Secondary Education Management Board (SEMB)
2. Abia State University Teaching Hospital Aba
3. Abia State Polytechnic, Aba.
4. Hospitals Management Board (HMB)
5. Abia State College of Education (Technical), Arochukwu.
6. Abia State College of Health and Management Sciences, Aba.
The Governor has mandated the Committee to complete their work within two weeks to ensure the immediate disbursement of the first tranche of payments to affected workers in these parastatals.