METRO
Pregnant Mother, Children Attacked by Mob of Elementary School Students
A 33-year-old mother and her children were violently assaulted Monday afternoon near Orville T. Bright Elementary School on the city’s Far South Side, prompting an outpouring of community support and a police investigation into the minors involved.

The mother, Carshawnda Hatter, had just picked up her children when a group of students followed the family, ultimately dragging them to the ground and beating them. Hatter, who lives with sickle cell disease, said she was physically unable to defend herself during the attack.
“I can’t sleep. I wake up in the middle of the night with the vision of my son calling my name, begging for help and I couldn’t do anything for him,” Hatter said. “That’s what hurts me the most.”
According to the family, Hatter’s 9-year-old son had been bullied for two years. On Monday, the confrontation escalated into a mob assault involving children and teens.
On Tuesday morning, Hatter met with school administrators and Chicago police. Family members say she and her children are recovering and that her medical condition is stable.
Chicago police arrived at Orville T. Bright School earlier on Tuesday to detain and question several minors believed to have been involved. Officers later proceeded to the homes of additional students as part of the investigation.
Community members gathered outside the school for hours despite cold weather, calling for accountability and greater protection for children walking to and from the school.
Watch the viral video…
Police say the investigation is ongoing.
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to newsleverage1@gmail.com. For more enquiry, please call +234-901-067-1763 or whatsapp +234-901-067-1763. To place an advert, please call 09010671763
-
Abia State News4 weeks agoOkpo-Achara Ihechiowa Road: I’ve Taken Note of It – Otti
-
Abia State News4 weeks agoEze Aro Unveils Film Village Plan in Honour of Alex Ekubo, Announces Global Renaissance Initiatives
-
Abia State News3 weeks agoEze Aro Unveils Bold Vision for Arochukwu’s Renaissance, Declares Kingdom Open for Investment at Second Coronation Anniversary
-
Abia State News3 weeks agoChairman of the Central Planning Committee of the Second Coronation Anniversary Hails Successful Celebration, Predicts Brighter Future for Arochukwu
-
Abia State News3 weeks agoCampaigns: Abia Govt places N200m, N150m charges on Presidential, Governorship candidates
