In a tweet on Saturday, Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, has revealed when parastatals in the State will be paid following the release of subventions.
Ikpeazu made it clear that Ministries, Departments and Agencies workers in Abia State workers have been paid their December 2020 salaries.
He made it clear that parastatals will be paid after the verification and authentication of their workers status.
Read his full statement below;
“In addition to paying workers in Abia State MDAs their December 2020 salary on 22nd December, 2020, subventions have been released to the following state parastatals on my directive to support their payment of arrears:
1. Health Management Board – N85m x 3 months = N255m
2. Abia State University Teaching Hospital – N136m x 2 months = N272m
3. Secondary Education Management Board – N230m x 3 months = N690m
4. Abia State University – N300m
5. Abia State Polytechnic – N90m x 2 months =N180m
Total paid out to parastatals = N1.68bn.
“Come January 2021, the parastatals are expected to receive another tranche of same amount after authentication and verification of their workers’ status using bank details and BVN.”