in ,

Newlywed Couple Attacked By A Gang, Left For Dead

A newlywed couple was left for dead after they were attacked by a gang armed with bats, machetes and an ax.

Teresa Mciver and her husband Neil suffered head injuries and broken ribs after the brutal assault on the Grange Estate in Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire.

The dementia care nurse feared her husband had been killed as he lay on the street with a gaping head wound.

It is believed the couple was set upon by a gang after they had been confronted by a youth earlier in the evening who had then driven off.

Teresa Mciver recovering in her hospital bed after the attack by a 12 strong gang armed with machetes

Mrs. Mciver, 50, who said she still has flashbacks about the incident, said: ‘At one point Neil was hit over the head and knocked to the floor and I thought he was dead.

‘It was just carnage.

‘I think one of the neighbors must have called the emergency services and we were both rushed to the hospital.

Teresa was left with broken ribs and a punctured lung and injuries to her face while her husband needed 32 stitches in his head and plastic surgery on his hand after the attack on May 14 this year.

Teresa was later rushed back to the hospital after it was found that her lung had actually collapsed.

Teresa said the couple was both struggling to sleep and had stepped up security at their house.

‘We are both struggling to sleep and are watching the cameras all night waiting to see if someone knocks on the door.

‘I don’t know where we would be if we didn’t have each other.

‘Neil has been left feeling so guilty as he said that he should have protected me, but I wasn’t going to step back and watch.

‘The whole thing has been horrific these past few months, we can’t wait to have some answers.’

After the incident, the couple’s son, who did not wish to be named, said the couple was leaving a friend’s house on The Grange estate just before 7 pm when they were ‘attacked from behind’ by a group of up to 12 people.

He said: ‘My mum and her partner were round at a friend’s house when they were confronted by this lad who started having a go at them.

‘He quickly drove away after they stood up to him and they thought nothing more of it.

‘Then as they were leaving the house, they were jumped from behind by this group with bats, machetes and even an ax.’

Humberside Police have arrested three people in connection with the incident.

A 27-year-old man is due to appear in crown court on Monday, October 28 charged with a public order offense.

What do you think?


Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.



Heartbroken Man Marries His Dead Fiance During Her Funeral

OMG! Grinding Machine Plucks Off Student’s Testicles