There has been a fire incident at the headquarters of the Nigerian Army on Tuesday morning.

It was gathered that the fire started at 10:15 am at a building that houses the Chief of Staff.

Confirming the incident, the Director Army Public Relations Brigadier General Mohammed Yerima said in a statement.

“Electrical fault sparked a minor fire incident at the Army Headquarters Complex, Abuja, Tuesday morning,” he said.

“The incident which happened at about 10.15 am was as a result of a minor electrical fault in one of the offices.

“The Army Headquarters complex is currently undergoing some renovation involving electrical rework.

“The Nigerian Army Fire Service Department has since put out the fire. No casualty was recorded during the incident and normalcy has since returned to the complex.”

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.