CRIME
Missing 56-Year-Old Man Murdered in Anambra, Police Arrest Alleged Mastermind, Three Others
The Anambra State Police Command has uncovered the circumstances surrounding the gruesome murder of a 56-year-old man, Mr Kelechi Madu, in Awkuzu, Oyi Local Government Area of the state, barely two days after he was reported missing.

The command said it arrested the alleged mastermind, Mr Ifeanyi Nwankwo, 32, who was reportedly a friend of the deceased, alongside two other suspects allegedly linked to the killing.
According to the police, Madu’s wife reported on August 18, 2026, that her husband had left home on the evening of August 17 and had not returned.
Following the report, police operatives, in collaboration with local vigilantes and members of the deceased’s family, launched an immediate search and investigation to determine his whereabouts.
Later that same day, the woman returned to the police station in distress, reporting that her husband had been found dead in a nearby bush at Umuobi, Awkuzu.
Police operatives were immediately deployed to the scene, where Madu was found lying lifeless with a deep axe wound to his head.
His remains were evacuated and deposited at a hospital mortuary for preservation.
The police said investigations subsequently led to the arrest of Nwankwo, who allegedly confessed to participating in the planning and execution of the murder.
Preliminary findings indicated that the suspect allegedly obtained money from the deceased through a fraudulent land transaction. He was said to have subsequently engaged two other individuals to kill Madu in an alleged attempt to conceal the transaction and prevent the deceased from recovering the money.
The Commissioner of Police, Anambra State Command, CP Nnanna Oji Ama, has ordered the investigation to be intensified to identify and arrest all individuals connected with the alleged conspiracy and murder.
The command assured residents that it would continue to strengthen intelligence-led policing and community partnerships to prevent violent crimes, uncover criminal activities and ensure that perpetrators face the full weight of the law.
The police said further details would be provided as the investigation progresses.
For publication of your news content, articles, videos or any other news worthy materials, please send to newsleverage1@gmail.com. For more enquiry, please call +234-901-067-1763 or whatsapp +234-901-067-1763. To place an advert, please call 09010671763
-
Abia State News4 weeks agoOkpo-Achara Ihechiowa Road: I’ve Taken Note of It – Otti
-
Abia State News4 weeks agoEze Aro Unveils Film Village Plan in Honour of Alex Ekubo, Announces Global Renaissance Initiatives
-
Abia State News4 weeks agoEze Aro Unveils Bold Vision for Arochukwu’s Renaissance, Declares Kingdom Open for Investment at Second Coronation Anniversary
-
Abia State News4 weeks agoChairman of the Central Planning Committee of the Second Coronation Anniversary Hails Successful Celebration, Predicts Brighter Future for Arochukwu
-
Abia State News3 weeks agoCampaigns: Abia Govt places N200m, N150m charges on Presidential, Governorship candidates
